Less than a day after Spurs waived guard Josh Primo, a report has emerged detailing alleged circumstances that led to his shocking release.
Joshua Primo : Murder case | What happened to
The San Antonio Spurs made a stunning announcement on Friday.
Josh Primo, the 2021 No. 12 overall pick, was waived by the organization in just the beginning of his second year.
“It is our hope that, in the long run, this decision will serve the best interest of both the organization and Joshua,” said Spurs CEO R.C. Buford in a statement.
Head coach Gregg Popovich and the team denied further comment on the release ahead of their Friday matchup against the Chicago Bulls.
Primo, a 19-year-old guard out of Alabama, played 50 games (16 starts) in his rookie season and averaged 5.8 points per game, 2.3 rebounds and 1.6 assists on a 37.4/30.7/74.6 shooting split in 19.3 minutes.
Josh Primo Murder case
This season, the former Alabama star averaged 7.0 points on 34.6 percent shooting, 4.5 assists and 3.3 rebounds over 23.3 minutes per game.
A text from a friend who works for a team on Joshua Primo is being discounted: “We are trying to find sources close to me say Josh primo involved in the murder.
He came off the bench for each of the Spurs‘ first four games but was listed as out on the injury report for San Antonio’s most recent matchup, a 134-122 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday. ESPN’s Tim MacMahon relayed the reason.
The Houston Rockets finished with the worst record last year, followed by the Orlando Magic, Detroit Pistons, Oklahoma City Thunder and Indiana Pacers to round out the top five.
The Spurs’ next game will be home on Saturday versus the Chicago Bulls.
The San Antonio Spurs have announced that they have waived guard Josh Primo, the No. 12 overall pick in the 2021 NBA draft.
“It is our hope that, in the long run, this decision will serve the best interest of both the organization and Joshua,” Spurs Sports & Entertainment CEO RC Buford said.
What happened to
ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowski reported Saturday Primo’s sudden departure from the franchise was in connection with multiple allegations that the 19-year-old reportedly exposed himself to women.
The Athletic’s Shams Charania later reported a former Spurs woman employee has alleged that Primo exposed himself to her.
She could seek legal action after hiring attorney Tony Buzbee, who recently represented the 24 women in the sexual misconduct lawsuits against current Browns and former Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.
No further details regarding the allegations have been reported at this time.
San Antonio made the decision to part ways with Primo, the No. 12 pick in the 2021 draft, prior to Friday night’s game against the Bulls.
The move came as a shock to many considering the team had recently picked up the promising second-year pro’s third-year option for the 2023-24 season to fully guarantee his $4.3 million salary.
In a brief statement announcing Primo’s release, Spurs CEO RC Buford said the team hoped the decision will “serve the best interest of both the organization and Joshua” in the long run.
A short while later, Primo addressed his release in a statement to Wojnarowski, stating he has been “seeking help to deal with previous trauma” he suffered and will “focus on my mental health treatment more fully.”