Police have reportedly surrounded the home of Cincinnati Bengals star running back Joe Mixon. Check out if Joe Mixon shoots kid.

Joe Mixon : Shot | Shoots kid | Anderson township

Mixon attended Freedom High School, where he played football and basketball for the Falcons.

Joe Mixon : Shot | Shoots kid | Anderson township

He was a three-year starter at running back for the Freedom High School Falcons football team.

He rushed for 1,134 yards and 13 touchdowns as a sophomore on 171 carries. In his junior year, he rushed for 1,443 yards and 21 touchdowns on 201 carries.

In his final year, he rushed for 1,704 yards and 23 touchdowns on 226 carries.

Joe Mixon shot

The report says deputies initially responded to a report of shots fired at about 8:30 p.m. on Monday.

Joe Mixon : Shot | Shoots kid | Anderson township

During the night, deputies put crime scene tape around the house. At about 11:30 p.m., deputies were seen banging on Mixon’s door and telling the homeowner to come out.

At about 1:30 a.m., a law enforcement officer arrived with an envelope of documents, and shortly after deputies entered the house and were seen searching with flashlights.

The crime scene tape was taken down around 3:20 a.m. and deputies left without making an arrest.

A month ago, misdemeanor aggravated menacing charges were filed against Mixon, but those charges were dismissed the next day.

The 26-year-old Mixon has spent his entire six-year NFL career with the Bengals. Bengals director of player personnel Duke Tobin said last week that he doesn’t know if the Bengals will retain Mixon, who is under contract with a cap hit of $12.8 million for the 2023 season.

Joe Mixon shoots kid

According to Fox 19 in Cincinnati, police responded to calls of shots fired and entered the home of Bengals running back Joe Mixon late Monday night into Tuesday morning.

Joe Mixon : Shot | Shoots kid | Anderson township

A juvenile was injured and transported to a local hospital. The injuries are reportedly minor, and the extent of the injuries are unknown.

The investigation wrapped up early Tuesday morning, and Fox 19 reports that caution tape and a evidence markers believed to be shell casing(s) in the front yard were removed around 3:20 a.m. with no arrests made.

So far, here’s what we know, times are approximate:

  • 8:25 p.m., Monday: Calls of shots fired, sheriff department responds to area of Joe Mixon’s house
  • 11:00 p.m., Monday: Crime tape extended to include the perimeter of Mixon’s home
  • 11:35 p.m., Monday: Authorities bang on Mixon’s front door and command the homeowner to come out, walk around his garage to the backyard
  • 12:15 a.m., Tuesday: A car is permitted to enter the driveway
  • 1:25 a.m., Tuesday: Mixon’s sister claims Joe uninvolved
  • 1:30 a.m., Tuesday: Sheriff arrives with documents
  • 1:45 a.m., Tuesday: Police enter Mixon’s home with flashlights and search
  • 2:00 a.m., Tuesday: More sheriffs enter home with “note-taking supplies”
  • 3:20 a.m., Tuesday: Police leave the scene, making no arrests

Mixon’s home was identified because it was the same address listed in court records from a misdemeanor that was dropped against Mixon in February where he pointed a gun at a woman.

Anderson township 

Bengals running back Joe Mixon’s home was surrounded by crime scene tape late Monday night, hours after the Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office said one juvenile was taken to the hospital following a shooting in Anderson Township.

Joe Mixon : Shot | Shoots kid | Anderson township

Deputies responded to the 7900 block of Ayers Road for the report of shots fired at around 8:30 p.m. Monday. One juvenile was taken to the hospital with what the sheriff’s office referred to as minor injuries.

Deputies were seen on the property where previous court documents say Mixon resides. It is unclear if the shooting took place at his home. Deputies could be heard yelling, “If you’re inside, come on out.”

A WCPO 9 crew on the scene saw deputies enter the home around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday with flashlights.

The police tape was taken down around 3:15 a.m. Before investigators left the scene, they told WCPO that one person was inside the home but they wouldn’t confirm their identity. According to police, no arrests have been made.

“This is an active investigation. That is all we have to release at this time,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

By Rishabh

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *