Football is a family of team sports that involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball to score a goal. Here are some football game rules.
Football: Game rules, prominent players, Stats
Unqualified, the word football normally means the form of football that is the most popular where the word is used.
Sports commonly called football include association football (known as soccer in North America and Oceania); gridiron football (specifically American football or Canadian football); Australian rules football; rugby union and rugby league; and Gaelic football.
These various forms of football share to varying extent common origins and are known as football codes.
There are a number of references to traditional, ancient, or prehistoric ball games played in many different parts of the world.
Contemporary codes of football can be traced back to the codification of these games at English public schools during the 19th century.
Football game rules
All matches will be played according to the Laws of the Game with the following exceptions:
- Teams will be told which way they are kicking at start of game.
- Teams cannot score directly from a kick off.
- There is no offside
- All free kicks and corners are direct and opposition must be 3 metres away.
- Goal kicks to be taken anywhere inside penalty area. Opposition must be 3 metres away and ball must leave penalty area for play to recommence.
- Substitutions can be made at any time from the half way line. Substituted player must leave the pitch before replacement goes on.
- Compulsory line up and handshake to finish.
- Games will be 10 minutes each way in duration with a 2 minute half time
- There is a 6 minute gap between each game. Teams must be ready to take the pitch as soon as the previous match has concluded.
Once a tie break has been resolved additional ties will be resolved in the same format using the same sequence of procedures beginning with the head to head result (point 1).
Football prominent players
I tried to take into account each player’s current form as well as his overall ability when fit, but there is always going to be an arbitrary nature to ranking when so many players have played so well.
So here are some prominent football players:
- Lionel Messi
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Robert Lewandowski
- Kylian Mbappé
- Kevin De Bruyne
- Virgil van Dijk
- Sadio Mané
- Riyad Mahrez
- Erling Haaland
Although there is no one correct answer, most of the players on this list have been objectively the best players in the world this past season.
In all codes, common skills include passing, tackling, evasion of tackles, catching and kicking.
In most codes, there are rules restricting the movement of players offside, and players scoring a goal must put the ball either under or over a crossbar between the goalposts.
|Team members||11 per side (including goalkeeper)|
|Mixed-sex||No, separate competitions|
|Type||Team sport, ball sport|
|Equipment||Football (or soccer ball) Shinpads|
|Venue||Football pitch (also known as football field, football ground, soccer field, soccer pitch or simply “pitch”)|
|Glossary||Glossary of association football|
Football is globally governed by the International Federation of Association Football (FIFA; French: Fédération Internationale de Football Association), the organiser of World Cups for men and women every four years.
The men’s FIFA World Cup takes place every four years and has done so since 1930, with the exception of 1942 and 1946 tournaments, which were cancelled due to World War II.