A jury in the UK on Friday cleared Manchester City & France footballer Benjamin Mendy of six counts of rape. Check out his man city contract.
Benjamin Mendy : Man City contract | Wages | News
On 26 August 2021, Cheshire Constabulary charged Mendy with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault and remanded him in custody.
The initial charges related to alleged offences against three different female complainants, all aged over 16, between October 2020 and August 2021.
His application for bail was refused, as he had broken prior bail conditions imposed that he should not host any house parties.
Manchester City suspended him pending a trial. Mendy appeared in court on 10 September and was remanded in custody.
Benjamin Mendy Man city contract
Benjamin Mendy signed a 6 year / £28,080,000 contract with the Manchester City F.C., including an annual average salary of £4,680,000. In 2022, Mendy will earn a base salary of £4,680,000, while carrying a cap hit of £4,680,000.
|Contract:||6 yr(s) / £28,080,000|
|Free Agent:||2023 / UFA|
Benjamin Mendy was given a six year contract at Manchester City when he signed for the club in 2017, meaning his current contract with the club will expire at the end of this season.
Contracts usually end on 30 June, which will mean his deal will expire during his retrial – which starts on 26 June and is set to last around three weeks.
The French defender signed a £28 million contract with the Citizens which reportedly saw him pick up an annual average salary of around £4.6 million a year. Manchester City suspended Mendy after his arrest at the start of last season.
The French World Cup winner told Chester Crown Court that the champions withdrew his salary in September 2021.
Benjamin Mendy wages
Manchester City stopped paying Benjamin Mendy’s wages — more than £100,000 a week — last year after the defender was charged with a string of sex offences.
The French World Cup winner told Chester Crown Court on Tuesday that the champions withdrew his salary in September 2021.
Mendy denies seven counts of rape, one of attempted rape and one of sexual assault against six women. The 28-year-old told the court he had re-evaluated his life decisions during four months on remand.
Prosecutor Timothy Cray KC showed CCTV footage from outside Mendy’s Cheshire mansion after the player had been at Manchester’s Chinawhite nightclub.
Cray said to Mendy he could ‘make a mistake’ about consent after drinking and the defendant replied: ‘No, what I saw and felt was consensual. I had sex with some women I didn’t know.’
Cray told Mendy he was lying to ‘save himself’ and he replied: ‘No.’ The trial continues.
A jury in the UK on Friday cleared Manchester City and France footballer Benjamin Mendy of six counts of rape and one of sexual assault against four women, following a six-month trial.
The seven men and four women on the panel failed to reach verdicts on a seventh charge of rape and one of attempted rape.
Prosecutors said afterwards they would seek a retrial on those counts. “We have made a decision today, which is to proceed on these counts in two separate trials,” prosecutor Matthew Conway told Chester Crown Court.
Judge Steven Everett immediately set a new trial start date of June 26 for the two counts which the jury could not agree on.
“It is not unusual that jurors don’t reach verdicts on some counts. You have to be true to your duty,” Everett said as he thanked them and excused them from any future jury service for seven years.
The jury, which began hearing the case last August, had been deliberating since early December, with an extended break over the Christmas and new year holiday period.
Jurors also failed to reach verdicts on three counts of rape and three counts of sexual assault against him by five other women.
The prosecution had alleged that Mendy was a sexual “predator” who raped or sexually assaulted young women procured by Matturie, at parties at his luxury home.
Mendy has denied ever forcing any woman into sex and both said any sexual activity they had with women was consensual.
Leave a Reply