The 2022 Asia Cup is scheduled to be the 15th edition of the Asia Cup cricket tournament, here are the fixtures and tickets of Asia Cup.
Asia Cup 2022 : Fixtures, Team list, Squads, Tickets
Originally scheduled to be held in September 2020, the tournament was postponed in July 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
|Dates||27 August – 11 September 2022|
|Administrator(s)||Asian Cricket Council|
|Cricket format||Twenty20 International|
|Tournament format(s)||Round-robin and knockout|
It was then rescheduled to take place in Sri Lanka in June 2021, before being postponed to again.
Pakistan were scheduled to host the tournament after retaining the rights to host the 2022 edition.
However, in October 2021, the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) announced that Sri Lanka would host the tournament in 2022, with Pakistan hosting the 2023 edition. India are the defending champions.
Asia Cup 2022 Fixtures
The schedule for the 15th edition of the Asia Cup has been announced with the tournament set to begin on August 27, with the hosts Sri Lanka taking on Afghanistan in the tournament opener.
India and Pakistan will renew their rivalry a day later in Dubai.
All matches will start at 6 PM Gulf Standard Time
- India v Pakistan: 28 August, Dubai
- India v Qualifier: 31 August, Duabi
- Pakistan v Qulaifier: 2 September, Sharjah
- Sri Lanka v Afghanistan: 27 August, Dubai
- Bangladesh v Afghanistan, 30 August, Sharjah
- Sri Lanka v Bangladesh, 1 September, Dubai
- B1 v B2: 3 September, Sharjah
- A1 v A2: 4 September, Dubai
- A1 v B1: 6 September, Dubai
- A2 v B2: 7 September, Dubai
- A1 v B2: 8 September, Dubai
- B1 v A2: 9 September, Dubai
Final: 11 September, Dubai
The final is set to be played on September 11. The Asia Cup, which was last played in 2018, will be played in the T20 format, with nine teams participating.
A total of 6 teams will participate in the upcoming edition of the continental championship.
Five Test-playing nations from the continent – India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Afghanistan have earned direct qualification to the tournament while the remaining one team will book its place through a qualifying round.
UAE, Kuwait, Hong Kong and Singapore will fight it out in the qualifiers for a place in the main event.
The qualifiers are set to begin on August 20. All four teams have made it to the last qualifying round after progressing through the regional qualifiers.
Here are the full squads of all teams :
Babar Azam (c), Shadab Khan (vc), Shaheen Afridi, Iftikhar Ahmed, Asif Ali, Haider Ali, Shahnawaz Dahani, Mohammad Nawaz, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Rizwan (wk), Usman Qadir, Khushdil Shah, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Wasim, Fakhar Zaman
- Sri Lanka
Yet To Announce
Yet To Announce
To Announce soon
Yet To Announce
|Rohit Sharma (c)|
|Rishabh Pant (WK)|
As far as the format is concerned, each team played the other in the same group once. The top two teams from each group then qualified to qualify for the second stage, called the Super Four.
Asia Cup 2022 tickets
Following is one of the possible ways to book tickets in UAE. Apart from booking on the Asia Cup official website fans can book the tickets on the platinum list website.
Follow the following steps to book the ticket online:
- Open the website– platinumlist.net
- Sign up using your Google account or Facebook account or with your own email id
- Enter your number and country code
- You will be redirected back to the homepage
- Choose your UAE city– Sharjah, Dubai
- Search for Asia Cup in the dialog box or manually search from the calendar option
- Choose your match and select the seats/ package
- Enter the details and proceed to payment.
- Take a printout once you download the ticket in PDF file.
Leave a Reply